Fish Counter Associate
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking Fish Counter Associates to join our store teams! We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and are seeking seafood experts in the industry with positive and pleasant demeanors to help us exceed in customer satisfaction.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a fish/seafood or related role preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- Superior knife skills and knowledge of fish products and seafood
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn about our product and upkeep with product knowledge
- Ability to properly and safely utilize department equipment
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time including kneeling, stooping, using stairs, able to lift, carry, push and pull weights
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to all guests and promote department sales
- Serve and assist customers, explain product flavor, origin, taste and how they are prepared
- Prepare, package, weigh, portion, and price product upon request
- Maintain and arrange product displays, cases, and overall department
- De-scale and remove bones of fish/ gut and clean fish
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
- Maintain clean and sanitary work station, back room, storage and surrounding areas.
- Follow and comply with Company policies and procedures, including health and sanitation, and safe work practices
- Other reasonably assigned duties as per business need
In return we offer!
Competitive Wages, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts - Health, Transit and Dependent Care, Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Discount and 401K Retirement Savings with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)