Prepared Foods Counter Associate
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking Prepared Foods Counter Associates to join our Greenwich Team for a full-time position to work behind our various food counters (including prepared foods, cheese, deli, pastry/bread, etc). Counter Associates are responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all guests, learning our products, promoting sales, and maintaining cleanliness and presentation of the department. Prior food knowledge is a plus!
- Provide exceptional customer service and fulfill customer requests
- Serve and assist customers, explain products, flavor, taste and preparation
- Maintain and replenish product in displays
- Ensure proper dating of product and inventory control
- Maintain clean and organized work station, counter displays and cases, and surrounding areas
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and display standards in compliance with Citarella policies and food safety handling procedures.
- Other reasonably assigned duties as per business need
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to learn about our products
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, able to lift, carry, push and pull weights
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
In Return, We Offer!
Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, flexible spending accounts including commuter benefits/ health and dependent care, paid time off, 401K program, and associate in-store discount!
Citarella is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).