Director of Finance
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking a Director of Fiance to join our team. The Director of Finance will be responsible for day-to-day management of all accounting/finance activities related to income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, tax compliance and payroll. Specifically, oversee all accounting/finance functions including fiscal records, financial reports, financial planning, budgeting, management reporting functions in order to ensure the accuracy, integrity and control of all financial information of the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field (Master’s preferred)
- 7+ years’ in Accounting/ financial leadership role (restaurant/food industry prefer)
- Strong knowledge of project-based accounting software, accounting principles, Operational and Financial Analysis
- Impeccable mathematics and analytical skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work evenings as needed
- Must be a master of excel and have excellent computer skills
- Working knowledge and capability in Information Technology
- Strategic thinking, analytical, communication, Negotiation skills
- Oversee financial operations of our company
- Partner with CEO and COO on a weekly basis supporting business needs that drive the company initiatives
- Manage and provide ongoing training and performance of accounting personnel
- Conduct weekly and monthly financial assessments and generate reports to be submitted to the senior management team
- Establish budgets in accordance with the requirements of company departments
- Allot funds for capital projects and work with the COO to ensure they stay on track financially
- Develop annual financial plans and projections for the company
- Conduct analysis of financial risks and benefits on business initiatives
- Ability to review and negotiate legal documents/contracts ie. equipment, real estate leases and 3rd party vendor agreements
- Designs, recommends, implement and maintains effective and efficient policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP) and the provisions of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Ensures the timely and accurate execution of all accounting transactions including, accounts payable, payroll, T & E, credit card processing, remittance processing, standard ledgering, asset accounting and transaction reconciliations
- Lead Labor Management Process by partnering with Operation Leaders to define effective productivity goals, create useful reports and provide weekly critiques to Senior Leadership.
- Responsible to manage all insurance aspects of the business and create a balanced risk tolerance to ensure company is adequately protected and in compliance with policies.
- Conducts tax planning and forecasting; develops tax strategies, ensures compliance with all tax regulations (federal, state, city); support tax audits as necessary
- Facilitates the understanding of financial results and underlying trends and advises executive management on various financial and accounting issues.
- Strategic planning and business management support
- Required to sit during scheduled hours. Hours include weekends, evenings and holidays (minimum 40 hours per week, 8 – 12 hours per day, 5 -6 days per week).
- Ability to consistently travel within Citarella locations on a weekly basis.
- Kneeling, stooping, using stairs, may be required to lift weights of usually 5 – 30 pounds. Working idly, especially during peak periods to ensure that all internal customers are being serviced properly and in a timely manner. Operating a computer including visually reviewing documents for longer periods of time.
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
- Strong business acumen, intelligence and creativity.
Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, flexible spending accounts including commuter benefits/ health and dependent care, paid time off, 401K program, and associate in-store discount!
Citarella is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).