Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
We are seeking a Catering Director who is highly engaged, organized, passionate about high quality gourmet food and has a creative eye for platter designing, food display production, delivering fantastic service, and building catering sales. They will lead a team of kitchen and delivery personnel and make sure they deliver excellent service and brand presentation!
This newly created position will be responsible for the catering options in all our locations and on-premise catering delivery program at our newest upcoming location, Hudson Yards. This person will work directly with senior leadership and will have the potential to develop with the organization as we continue to grow
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ideal Catering Director will have a strong background in gourmet catering and demonstrate a high level of creativity while possessing an understanding of every facet of the gourmet catering preparation and execution which include but are not limited to:
- Developing strategic initiatives, creating and building strong client partnerships
- Successfully executing catering services exceeding client’s expectations.
- Responsibility for operation of catering services, kitchen and production
- Daily operations in the kitchen; opening, receiving, set up, maintenance, ordering, take down, closing, inventory, safety and sanitation, customer service and management of team
- Create strategic plan for the catering department to support our current catering and build our future clientele and future sales.
- Search, approach, and acquire new corporate accounts
- Plan food and beverage menus with support of our Chef’s considering clients’ preferences and special requests.
- Create and manage client database and pipeline.
- Capable to gather client requirements (number of clients, event dates, menu)
- Determine requirements in ingredients and set portions
- Lead the team to provide consistent execution and exemplary service to our clients for every experience.
- Handle complaints, concerns, and service issues with confidence and dignity; focuses on finding solutions and resolving issues quickly to ensure the Citarella experience for our clientele.
- Support and collaborate with the marketing team on the execution of upcoming initiatives, marketing promotions and events, and special Citarella events.
- Schedules team appropriately to meet the needs of our business.
- Train and manage delivery team, sales team, and kitchen personnel.
- Oversee food prep and client service.
- Manage inventory and place orders as needed.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Arrange demos/food tastings with potential clients.
- Support future automation for catering processes
- Create and manage financial budgets and sales forecasts for the catering and event planning department.
- 5 -7 year’s work experience in a Catering leadership/management role
- Knowledge of catering, food and beverage, and the retail/hospitality industry
- Able to deliver results, meet deadlines, and targets
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), POS system, and order management tools.
- Sense of urgency as well as maintain professional composure under pressure
- Ability to thrive and execute in high volume production kitchen and ever-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build productive working relationships with managers of all levels across the organization
- Organized and efficient use of time management/detailed oriented
- Culinary Degree/Certification preferred
- Food safety and sanitation certified
- Hands on experience with creating menus from scratch
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and holidays.
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics, and analyze data as required.
- Required to sit and or stand for long periods of time during scheduled hours.
- Kneeling, stooping, using stairs, may be required to lift weights of usually 5-30 pounds.
- Operating a computer including visually reviewing documents and inputting data for longer periods of time.
- Ability to travel to our stores and warehouse location.
IN RETURN WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Flexible Spending Accounts – Health Insurance, Transit and Dependent Care, Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Discount and 401K Retirement Savings with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)