Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Basic Job Function:
The Training & Development Specialist supports the Training & Development Manager and Human Resources Team in creating, implementing and facilitating the learning and professional growth and development of Citarella’s workforce, as well as company training plans and programs. This role ensures proper training of the staff through better understanding of their job, teaching new practical skills and motivating teams to carry out responsibilities and expectations consistently across the organization.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources/Business or Education preferred
- 2 Years of experience in a training and development role
- Previous food & beverage or retail supervisory experience preferred
- Able to facilitate effective trainings, deliver results, meet deadlines and targets
- Possess excellent presentation, oral & written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships.
- Ability to influence and coordinate among all departments to determine training needs and possibilities
- Perceptive about the training requirements of the company and the associates
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Identify training and development needs within the organization through job analysis, appraisals and/or frequent consultation with management and HR department
- Assist in the development of training materials and processes with both the company’s requirements and associate’s needs
- Ensure training and development is consistently (techniques, objectives, direction, etc.) performed throughout the various teams and locations
- Learn and display proficiency and knowledge on all processes, tools or programs used by various departments at all locations and office
- Facilitate orientation and other trainings and track associate completion through the HRIS
- Research, evaluate and utilize new training and development techniques, methods and procedures.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing training programs to ensure that they reflect current policies and processes
- Maintain schedule of all ongoing training, roster of trainers and trainer availability
- Assist in maintaining training materials available on our internal online resource intranet
- Assess associates on following company standards as well as competencies such as guest service, teamwork, product knowledge and technical skill
- Keep up to date with development in training through workshops, research, meetings and conferences
- Assist the HR team as needed in other areas of HR including but not limited to recruiting, associate relations, payroll, etc.
- Perform various administrative tasks in relation to Training & Development activities as necessary
- In addition, other duties maybe required as directed by your manager
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting loads of up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
- Ability to travel to all Citarella locations.