Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
Citarella is seeking an experienced Events Manager that has a passion for marvelous food and the background and skills to showcase what we do better than anyone else. Citarella events occur both on and off site and range from small classes (10 people) to large community events (500+). A successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously. The Event Manager will be responsible for all internal and external events. This role will work closely with the Catering Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the event calendar and act as single point person for events.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to client and vendors.
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders during event planning
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Collaborate and manage internal stakeholders, including the kitchen, warehouse operations, market management, catering, marketing, and store operations.
- Work with marketing team to assure events reflect and build the Citarella brand, promote the events as well as coordinate production and signage needed for events.
- Ability to create processes such as developing and driving SOPs
Execution & Staff Management
- Provide onsite and after-hours event coordination including floor plan creation, vendor communication, decor, security, catering, bar presentation, and event signage
- Hire, train, and educate staff on proper event procedures.
- Manage the event budget while holding to brand standards.
- Establish standardized event procedures and train staff into properly executing them
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
- Leverage events to drive sales opportunities and brand awareness
Event Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of events management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Events, Hospitality management, or related areas
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work closely and collaborate with internal stakeholders, including the kitchen, warehouse operations, market management, catering, marketing, and store operations.
- Ability to travel to stores and external vendors.
- Experience coordinating large-scale events
- Familiarity with event registration software
- Ability to work under strict deadline
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental/Vision /life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)