Butcher (Overnight Shift Lead)
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking an experienced Butcher Shift Lead to join our growing team! We are seeking individuals whose interest and passion for cooking is as unparalleled as our commitment to superb customer service and quality food. This role is based out of our Hunts Point, Bronx Commissary location.
Schedule: 8pm - 5am
- Maintain and stock product in warehouse, understanding product dating and inventory control
- Supervise overnight staff and ensure daily quality and production needs
- Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats, using butcher's cutlery and powered equipment, such as electric grinder and band saw
- Use knives, cleavers, meat saws, band saws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming
- Prepares and trims all meat cuts, using knives, meat saw, cleaver, and bandsaw, to make roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat
- Tends electric grinder to grind meat
- Shapes and ties roasts
- Maintain clean and organized work station, storage and surrounding areas
- Follow all guidelines and procedures to maintain a safe and sanitary work environment
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat
- Process primal parts into cuts that are ready for retail use
- Weigh meats and tag containers for weight and contents
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform
- In addition, other duties maybe required as directed by your manager
- General knowledge of meat products and prime cuts
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a must
- Understanding the use of cutting equipment, grinders, etc.
- knife skills and meat product handling
- Ability to work full shift in a cold environment
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time and extreme cold conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Lifting loads of up to 80 lbs on your own and 200 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)