Porter (East Hampton Store)
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness,quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking porters to join our East Hampton Store! This role is responsible for a variety of tasks including the overall cleanliness and maintenance of the store location, supporting various departments, and providing exceptional customer service to our guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting, carrying, push/pull weight
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Overview of Responsibilities
- Perform general cleaning tasks including but not limited to: dispose garbage, sweep, mop, clean
- and maintain bathrooms etc.
- Maintain store appearance, cleanliness, and display standards in compliance with Citarella
- policies and food safety/sanitation handling procedures
- Load and unload store delivery trucks
- Assist store teams with inventory maintenance
- Assist with store merchandising and layout as needed
- Perform minor repairs and respond to emergency maintenance requests as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service and fulfill customer requests as needed
- Other reasonably assigned duties as per business need
In Return, We Offer!
Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, flexible spending accounts including commuter benefits/ health and dependent care, paid time off, 401K program, and associate in-store discount!
Citarella is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).