Client Solutions Junior Software Developer
Client Solutions Junior Software Developer – Job Description
Cision a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
This is an entry-level position and a great first step into a career in software development. You don’t need professional experience developing software or a computer science degree to apply for this role, though it would be great if you had either or both. Self-taught developers and boot camp graduates are more than welcome.
Most important is that you’re excited by software and are driven to learn more and continue improving your skills!
The ability to effectively leverage web-based resources (e.g. search engines, open-source project documentation, Stack Exchange) will be key to success.
What we do
Our business is focused on the collection of corporate reputation data from traditional and social media, for the purposes of analysis, visualization, and ultimately helping our clients make better business decisions.
All software development activities will support these goals.
- Work with members of the Client Solutions team to develop efficient, reliable (i.e. thoroughly tested), well-documented, and scalable software solutions to client problems
- Configure existing web applications according to client specifications
- Configure and run existing applications to modify existing data
- Debug functionality and performance issues as they arise
Entry-level experience with the following is required:
- Git and Git hosting services (e.g. GitLab, Bitbucket, GitHub)
Experience with the following would be nice to have:
- Software testing including test-driven development (TDD)
- Web-based APIs
- Browser-based development tools (e.g. Firefox Development Tools, Chrome DevTools)
- Linux and command line basics (e.g. navigating the file system, running programs with options and arguments)
- Common data file formats (CSV, JSON, XML)
- Strong initiative and creative problem-solving ability
- Facility with learning new concepts and tools
- Friendly and professional communication
- State-of-the-art office
- Medical, dental, vision
- FSA (Health & dependent care)
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible PTO and work arrangements
- Casual work environment
- Gym on site
- Tuition reimbursement & professional training
The Cision Story:
Cision is a leading media communication technology and analytics company that enables marketers and communicators to effectively manage their earned media programs in coordination with paid and owned channels to drive business impact. As the creator of the Cision Communication Cloud™, the first-of-its-kind earned media cloud-based platform, Cision has combined cutting-edge data, analytics, technology and services into a unified communication ecosystem that brands can use to build consistent, meaningful and enduring relationships with influencers and buyers in order to amplify their marketplace influence. Cision solutions also include market-leading media technologies such as PR Newswire, Gorkana, PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO) and iContact. Headquartered in Chicago, Cision serves over 100,000 customers in 170 countries and 40 languages worldwide and maintains offices in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Latin America, and Australia. For more information, visit www.cision.com or follow @Cision on Twitter.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4