Bilingual (Chinese and English) Associate Customer Content Specialist
Bilingual (Chinese and English) Associate Customer Content Specialist – Beltsville, MD
Shift time: 8am-5pm, or 9am-6pm, or 10am-7pm (*some flexibility may be required as our schedule will change a little bit during EST/EDT)
As a Chinese/English Bilingual Customer Content Specialist, your main responsibility will be to proofread, and edit when needed, client provided press releases, mostly in Chinese and English, for delivery to the media via PR Newswire’s network. You will not be writing pieces from scratch, but you will need a strong grasp of syntax, punctuation, and the Chinese/English languages in general to be a success at this job. Your razor-sharp attention to detail will be a prerequisite, as you edit, format, and handle various client requests, and other news content (e.g., photos, video). Your ability to think on your feet and prioritize tasks will serve you well in this fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Your strong computer skills will enable you to quickly learn our internal system. Our dynamic environment will keep you on your toes, so a flexible attitude and a strong customer-service approach will be needed. As the face (or voice) to the client, your outstanding communication skills and ability to grasp our clients’ needs will allow you to build long-lasting relationships and establish a professional rapport while quickly meeting customer demands.
- Must have excellent (Mandarin) Chinese and English language skills in both writing and speaking.
- Working experience in China, particularly in the PR/media industry, is a plus.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, along with proofreading, communication, and keyboarding skills.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and capable of working in a Windows environment.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Web applications -- will ensure you hit the ground running.
- Must excel under pressure.
- State-of-the-art office
- Medical, dental, vision
- FSA (Health & dependent care)
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible PTO and work arrangements
- Casual work environment
- Gym on site
- Tuition reimbursement & professional training
The Cision Story:
Cision Ltd. (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision's software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 3,000 employees with offices in 15 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4