Associate PRWeb Editor
Associate PRWeb Editor
We are a leader in the professional communications software space. By investing in our brand and technologies, we are driving change in how communications pros distribute, monitor and evaluate their content. We invest in our people through training and management and empower them to drive their careers.
The PRWeb Editor reviews dozens of press release submissions daily, assists PRWeb and Cision customers with their press release distribution needs and offers premium writing and distribution services for this press release newswire.
- Edits press releases for spelling, grammar, clarity, accuracy, objectivity, inoffensive material, etc. in images, links, and content
- Formats approve and reviews press release for the quality of the news content
- Provides general customer service on a wide range of topics through online Help Desk, Live Chat, incoming phone calls, and incoming e-mail messages
- Consult customers by phone, chat, help desk and e-mail for editorial holds and other content-related issues
- Follows PRWeb's mission to delight every customer and to find the "best possible outcome" for everyone
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, PR, communications, English or related field or equivalent experience writing or editing for news, publishing or public relations organization
- Strong writing, editing, researching, proofreading, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experienced copy editing with
format, grammar, clarity, etc.
- Knowledge of the public relations and/or press release industry and of basic news values for a successful press release
- Ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience with problem-solving and working with the public on a customer-service level
- Proficiency with multi-tasking on a computer, using Microsoft Word, Web browsers and e-mail
- Proficiency in internet research
- Knowledge of search engine optimization a plus, but PRWeb will train candidates as well
What we offer our employees
- State-of-the-art office
- Medical, dental, vision
- FSA (Health & dependent care)
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible PTO and work arrangements
- Casual work environment
- Tuition reimbursement & professional training
Cision Ltd. (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision's software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 3,000 employees with offices in 15 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4