Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager – On Site – Armonk, NY
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) plays a crucial role in growing a Fortune 500 client, managing an internal project team, and delivering superior client service.
The SPM holds overall responsibility for on-time, accurate delivery of an agreed media analysis. To achieve this, the SPM will sit on-site at the client and acts as owner on matters pertaining to report production and the data contained within reports. The SPM also proactively raises opportunities to expand the analytics relationship and identifies additional tools/ways that Cision Insights can support our clients.
This SPM has project management responsibilities for a team of analysts assigned to them. They are responsible for training and coaching junior employees on a day to day basis to ensure consistent levels of service and delivery.
- Lead day-to-day client contact and proactively assist in growing overall analytics relationship
- Organize pre-report calls with clients to discuss priorities for the reporting period
- Lead meetings where insights are presented to the client to deliver specific findings and understanding of how evolving client needs will affect the brief
- Present and review reports with clients to ensure business objectives are being met
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients through up-selling and/or cross-selling
- Provide frequent and clear communication of account progress, health and profitability to the Sector Director and other Senior Management
- Project administration tasks, including cost monitoring and profitability modeling
- Lead and execute PR/media services programs
- Identify a clear understanding of client’s business objectives and communication priorities
- Specify a process plan for resource and tasks to ensure project can be completed
- Manage account teams responsible for producing the report to ensure that deliverables reach the client on-time and to brief
- Own on-going quality control to ensure excellence, consistency and use of industry-leading practices
- Assure the overall quality of each deliverable to the client
- Review every client deliverable to ensure it meets the highest possible standard
- Report on quality of client specific analysis components and provide feedback to team individuals
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in client and project management, with knowledge/experience within PR/Communications strongly preferred
- Experience in basic people management preferred
- Understanding and experience of media evaluation industry
- Client facing and relationship building experience
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time, on budget, and to brief
- Experience in profitable running of client accounts
- Knowledge of PR planning and how this translates into identifying target audiences, PR campaign strategy, key messages, target media and activities
- Experience of data interpretation to garner insights
- PowerBI experience preferred
- State-of-the-art office
- Medical, dental, vision
- FSA (Health & dependent care)
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible PTO and work arrangements
- Casual work environment
- Gym on site
- Tuition reimbursement & professional training
Cision is a leading global media intelligence company, serving the complete workflow of today’s communication professionals. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive PR, IR and social media software, rich analytics, content distribution, and influencer outreach, Cision enables clients to engage audiences, enhance campaigns and strengthen data-driven decision making. Cision solutions include PR Newswire, Gorkana, PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO) and iContact brands. Headquartered in Chicago, Cision serves over 100,000 customers in 170 countries and 40 languages worldwide, and maintains offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia. For more information, visit www.cision.com or follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4