Media Alerts Analytics Specialist
Media Alerts/Analytics Specialist
Are you looking to start a career in Communications, Media Management or Public Relations? Are you keen on working with major Fortune 500 companies? Are you highly motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment?
Bulletin Intelligence is looking for talented entry-level Media Alerts/Analytics Specialists to research, identify and analyze (score) relevant media information in our proprietary system for our high-profile, high-stakes clients. We offer a challenging environment, as well as an opportunity to gain experience in communications research.
You should be comfortable conducting keyword searches in online, print and broadcast media, and be able to quickly scan search results for relevant articles. You should also have strong organization and research skills and be able to work under deadlines.
To be considered, please submit resume with cover letter.
- Identify print, online, broadcast and social media coverage regarding our clients, as well as their competitors and industry.
- Provide real-time alerts to clients regarding breaking news stories within their industry and competitive scope.
- Read stories to identify news for corporate, product, industry and competitor issues to help our Fortune 500 clients understand how the media is affecting their reputation, as well as the media landscape in which their businesses operate.
- Entry level position
- Available 40 hours per week, from either
- Attention to detail and to deadlines
- Strong, concise writing skills and
- Able to work under tight, daily deadlines
- Comfortable with conducting keyword searches in either freeform or through customized search engines or databases
- Boolean search string knowledge a plus
Traits/Skills for Success:
- Excellent reading comprehension and ability to master news for complex subjects
- Critical thinking
- Organization & attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Ability to maintain focus while completing repetitive tasks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive attitude & willingness to learn
- Internet research skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Deep interest in news
- Any foreign language skills a plus
- Bulletin Intelligence primary office in Reston, VA
Bulletin Intelligence and Cision are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity and sexual orientation or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at Recruiting@Cision.com.
- Seamless, cloud-based work
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible time off (PTO) program
- Casual dress code
- Free parking
- Close to Wiehle Metro (VA)
- On-site gym and deli (VA)
- Formal quarterly reviews that facilitate your success
Cision is a leading global media intelligence company, serving the complete workflow of today’s communication professionals. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive PR, IR and social media software, rich analytics, content distribution, and influencer outreach, Cision enables clients to engage audiences, enhance campaigns and strengthen data-driven decision making. Cision solutions include PR Newswire, Gorkana, PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO) and iContact brands. Headquartered in Chicago, Cision serves over 100,000 customers in 170 countries and 40 languages worldwide, and maintains offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia. For more information, visit www.cision.com or follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4