Senior Research Analyst
Senior Research Analyst - Insights
Canary Wharf, London
£27,200 + excellent company benefits
Cision is the leading global provider of Earned Media Management software and insights to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision's software allows modern communicators to target key influencers, distribute strategic content, track and measure meaningful impact through text and images. Cision’s goal is to help its customers be more innovative with images and multimedia-rich stories. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 19 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.co.uk
Client Insights Manager
Overview of role:
The Senior Research Analyst has responsibility for the delivery of an agreed measurement and analysis service across a portfolio of the organisation’s core and key customers. They build strong relationships with key contacts and internal stakeholders to ensure the ongoing success of programmes and to maximise opportunities for innovation and growth.
The Senior Research Analyst will manage small account teams and be responsible for the performance of Data Analysts and Research Analysts across customer accounts. They will be expected to take a lead in ensuring the high quality of customer reports and to deliver excellent customer service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with customers to ascertain account specifications, defining requirements and priorities
- Design and communicate a plan to deliver the customer brief within pre-agreed timeframes
- Delegate tasks and manage the Analysis team to ensure that deadlines are adhered to, and perform quality control measure to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld
- Manage / contribute to the production and delivery of customer reports
- Ensure reports are delivered to the highest possible standard and meet required timeline
- Work closely with both the internal team and customer liaisons to ensure satisfaction and address and resolve queries
- Attend and lead off-site customer meetings
- Report on quality of customer specific analysis components to the operation management team, and feedback to team individuals
- Generate minutes / contact reports following customer meetings, ensuring actions are disseminated and completed
- Project administration tasks including: invoicing, cost monitoring and profitability modelling
- Identifying opportunities to grow customer accounts organically by up-selling or cross-selling
- Provide training and coaching for junior team members
Performance and success indicators:
- Achieve targeted production accuracy through process improvement and team management
- Contribute to improved Analysis business profitability
- Support commercial teams to maximise opportunities for innovation and growth on customer accounts
- Drive improved NPS scores for the business
- Deliver improved on-time delivery of services through more efficient process and team management
- Increase right first time production and eliminate waste from the operation
- Act as a role model within the department, promoting best practice and actively supporting the Head of Analysis Operations to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to achieve results on time and within budget.
- Outcome and results oriented.
- Understands the basic tools of continuous improvement, work process redesign, or reengineering.
- Strong analytical reasoning, interpreting and evaluating complex information, while identifying patterns and essential issues.
- Organisation and planning, managing multiple demands, and achieving results.
- Strong team management and leadership experience. Proven ability to coach and develop individuals as part of a high performing team.
- Experience using Excel and PowerPoint desirable
- Ability to withstand pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Shows initiative, is proactive and enthusiastic
- Delivers and takes ownership
- Confident in direct and succinct communication
- Works well as part of a team
- Degree educated or equivalent. Professional experience in an analytical environment or similar preferred
- Results Focus
- Creativity / Innovation
- Problem Solving / Judgement
- Customer Focus
- Relationship Building
- Managing Complexity
- Social Media
Key internal relationships:
Data Analysts, Research Analysts, Client Insights Managers, other key stakeholders
Please note: This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it created. Such duties may vary without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.
There has never been a better time to join our Media Analysis team here atCision, enabling PR and communications professionals around the world to deliver a data-driven communications strategy, by helping them identify influencers, craft campaigns and attribute value.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Media Analysis team as we continue to provide market-leading insights to some of the world’s biggest brands. If you thrive in today’s fast-paced media landscape where no two days are the same, then we would love to hear from you.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
As accredited Investors in People and an equal opportunities employer, Cision is dedicated to your career development. This means we help you make the most of your potential with comprehensive training and a range of useful resources.
We provide every employee access to a range of blended learning tools that you can pick and choose from to suit your personal and career development needs. This includes; face to face training workshops, coaching relationships, hundreds of e-Learning courses, and thousands of professional book summaries to read from.