Software Quality Engineer
Software Quality Engineer
Canary Wharf, London
Salary from £45,000 to £50,000 pa + Excellent Company Benefits
Cision is the award-winning industry leader in public relations software. Our software, services and solutions enable the world’s most recognized brands to power their stories. Cision operates globally, having a presence in more than a dozen countries worldwide.
We are seeking an experienced Software Quality Engineer to be a part of our Cision Nordic team. As a key contributor to the Global Quality Assurance team, you will play a crucial role in advancing the quality of our award-winning products within a Scrum team and furthering the practice of quality advocacy across the global technology team.
You will work in an Agile SDLC to deliver business value in 2-week increments.
Manager of Software Engineering Department
Overview of role:
You will improve the quality of our products through advocacy, planning, automated and manual testing. You will participate in the global technology community to help improve the process and provide continuity in practice across the organization. As a key contributor on a scrum delivery team, you will work directly with Engineering and Product teams to help Cision deliver high-quality software to our customers.
The successful candidate will offer experience in QA testing principles, Microsoft.Net technologies, working in an Agile/Scrum methodology, and be passionate about quality. They will have the technical acumen to understand applications, create automated tests, and understand continuous integration strategies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Extensive years working in a QA role in an Agile development organization
- Extensive years of experience with an Object-Oriented Programming language (Java and C#)
- Experience w/version control systems like (GitHub/SVN/etc.)
- Proven automation framework knowledge, e.g. Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, SpecFlow
- Experience automating tests for Restful APIs and the JSON data format a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality advocacy and testing principles in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (Design)
- Continuous integration, e.g. automated testing on each build, tightly coupled to IDE
- Strong communication skills & ability to contribute innovative ideas & solutions
- Pro-active and self-starting individual who has the proven ability to work collaboratively
- Strong knowledge of debugging techniques
- Experience with cloud-based distributed applications and/or data processing in the cloud a plus
- Experience with network protocols preferred
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems and mobile applications (iOS and Android) preferred
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
As accredited Investors in People and an equal opportunities employer, Cision is dedicated to your career development. This means we help you make the most of your potential with comprehensive training and a range of useful resources.
We provide every employee access to a range of blended learning tools that you can pick and choose from to suit your personal and career development needs. This includes; face to face training workshops, coaching relationships, hundreds of e-Learning courses, and thousands of professional book summaries to read from.
As part of our application process shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a 20 minute VIDEO INTERVIEW at a convenient time – This will give you the perfect opportunity to tell us what makes you tick in a way that a CV in isolation can’t!