Client Insights Manager
Client Insights Manager
Salary from £ 32,000 to £ 38,000 per annum
Cision is the leading global provider of Earned Media Management software and insights to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision's software allows modern communicators to target key influencers, distribute strategic content, track and measure meaningful impact through text and images. Cision’s goal is to help its customers be more innovative with images and multimedia-rich stories. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 19 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.co.uk
Reporting into: Insights Service Delivery Manager
Overview of role:
The Client Insights Manager holds overall responsibility for on-time delivery of an agreed media analysis or PR measurement programme for each client that they are assigned. The Client Insights Manager manages the internal analysis production team to ensure that agreed activities are carried out, quality standards are maintained, deliverables are fulfilled and deadlines are met.
The CIM is accountable for the successful delivery of accurate client reports, with insight tailored to each client’s business and communication priorities. To achieve this, the CIM has significant client contact and acts as primary day-to-day contact on matters pertaining to report production and the data contained within reports. The CIM ensures the smooth running of the processes required to deliver client insights and is actively involved in various parts of the process.
The CIM keeps their Analysis Operations Manager and relevant Account Director informed of client account progress and issues to ensure that adequate support is provided.
The CIM has formal line management and appraisal responsibilities for Research Analysts, Senior Research Analysts and Data Analysts assigned to them. They are responsible for training and coaching junior employees on day to day basis to ensure consistent levels of competency and to encourage further development.
The CIM will develop a corporate role growing existing client accounts, maximising profitability, helping to identify new business opportunities, working towards new more efficient business strategies and cost saving measures, where applicable.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Taking a detailed client brief based on a thorough understanding of a client’s business and communication priorities
- Specifying a process plan for resource and tasks to deliver the agreed client brief
- Managing the account team responsible for producing the report to ensure that deliverables reach the client on-time and to brief
- Assuring the overall quality of each deliverable to the client
- Proof reading every client deliverable to ensure it meets the highest possible standard
- Sending reports to the client and circling back with them to ensure it has met their needs
- Organising pre-report calls with clients to discuss priorities for the reporting period
- Reporting on quality of client specific analysis components to the operations management function and feeding back to team individuals
- Attending meetings where insights are presented to the client to deliver specific knowledge and understand how evolving client needs will affect the brief
- Leading client meetings where the Account Director is not in attendance
- Generating minutes / contact reports following client meetings, ensuring actions are disseminated and completed
- Answering client questions about the contents of specific deliverables and the data that they contain
- Project administration tasks, including invoicing, cost monitoring and profitability modelling
- Identifying opportunities to grow client accounts organically by up-selling or cross-selling
- Clear communication of account progress and profitability to the relevant Sector Operations Manager and Account Director
- Providing informal training and coaching of junior staff
- Delivering formal performance appraisals of assigned RAs, SRAs and DAs
Essential Skills and Experience:
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Strong organisational and project management skills
● Strong presentation skills
● Quality focused and analytical mindset
● Negotiation and objection handling skills
● Social and interpersonal skills
● Ability to withstand occasional pressure
● Ability to set expectations and deliver high quality results
Desirable Skills and Experience:
● Experience in basic people management skills
● Knowledge of best practice evaluation techniques
● Understanding and experience of media evaluation industry
● Proven ability to deliver projects on time, budget and to brief
● Experience in profitable running of client accounts
● Client facing and relationship building experience
● Knowledge of PR planning, and how this translates into identifying target audiences, PR campaign strategy, key messages, target media and activities
● Experience of data interpretation to garner insights
Please note: This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it created. Such duties may vary without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.
As accredited Investors in People and an equal opportunities employer, Cision is dedicated to your career development. This means we help you make the most of your potential with comprehensive training and a range of useful resources.
We provide every employee access to a range of blended learning tools that you can pick and choose from to suit your personal and career development needs. This includes; face to face training workshops, coaching relationships, hundreds of e-Learning courses, and thousands of professional book summaries to read from.