Global Payroll Manager GL-5695
We are looking for a Payroll Manager to lead our Global Payroll team. This role will provide leadership, direction, and coordination for the Payroll Group. The Payroll Manager will coordinate business systems enhancements and process improvements related to payroll. This position reports to the Global Shared Services Manager.
- Manage and mentor a distributed team of 3 payroll analysts (1 USA, 2 UK) who run payroll for sites throughout Asia, Europe, and the USA
- Ensure policies, procedures, documentation, and controls meet/exceed both internal and SOX requirements; continually improve internal control environment to more efficiently monitor transaction risk and financial exposure
- Coordinate with functional groups throughout the company to ensure optimized processes and customer service (e.g., Executives, HR, Legal, Stock Admin, and Finance)
- Resolve escalations for payroll issues and ensure timely remediation of issues
- Manage third-party provider (ADP) to ensure all requirements are met or exceeded. Establish a regular cadence for communications and operational reviews with ADP consistent with a large public multinational enterprise
- Establish internal goals and monitor performance; provide Global Shared Services Manager and International Controller with monthly and quarterly reports and important metrics; benchmark vs. other companies to identify and develop continuous improvement projects to drive efficiencies; conduct detailed research of historical financial data, as needed
- Work with business partners and Information Technology personnel to identify business requirements and system development specifications for business changes and enhancement requests
- Maintain confidentiality of all payroll, HR, and financial information
- Lead and develop payroll group; set shared goals and objectives with overall Finance and Cirrus Logic
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required; relevant payroll/accounting certifications a plus
- 3-5 years of progressive work experience in payroll or related areas
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a global organization
- Strong familiarity with information systems and third-party shared services providers (e.g. SAP, ADP)
- Knowledge of US, UK and global payroll and payroll tax rules and regulations
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- Ability to get into the details and also see the “Big Picture”
- The highest ethics and values; ability to maintain confidentially in handling highly sensitive financial and HR information
- Strong analytical project management and organizational skills around business operational improvements and change management and systems improvements; project leadership and process improvement experience
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.