Mixed Signal Audio Applications Engineer - Amplifiers GP-4494
You will be an integral part of an Applications Engineering team responsible for supporting audio amplifiers and speaker protection algorithms for mobile customers. You will play a key role in getting design wins and releasing next-generation products.
- Provide technical support for key customers and the FAE team, remotely and at customer sites worldwide, to win and maintain accounts. Examples of technical support include assisting the design-in process by solving acoustic and electrical problems, answering product questions, reviewing hardware, and hands-on hardware debugging
- Support customer with speaker protection designs. Perform tasks including creating and presenting customer demonstrations; tuning of Cirrus Logic audio algorithms; performing audio performance measurements; demonstration of software tools
- Support customers with audio amplifiers designs, with tasks such as amplifier performance measurements and device bring-up and configuration
- Develop and deliver high quality technical training to the Cirrus FAE team.
- Travel approximately 6 weeks per year, domestic and international, to support customers and work with factory engineers for training
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, with Master’s or PhD preferred and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Strong experience analyzing and evaluating audio products with hardware tools such as Audio Precision analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Understand audio signal processing algorithms and techniques
- Experience with audio analysis software, Mathcad, and/or Excel mathematical analysis
- Strong ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Mixed-signal hardware and audio-related background
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.