Senior Digital Design Engineer TP-5469
Cirrus Logic is seeking highly skilled Digital IC Design Engineers to join product development teams within the successful Audio R&D division, responsible for developing industry leading mixed-signal SOCs for global consumer mobile audio markets. In return, we offer an incredible work culture where individual value is key, along with personal/professional development dictated by you. Working at the forefront of technology, this role can be based in our Edinburgh or Newbury offices.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers with responsibility for the delivery of complex mixed-signal products and IPs
- Design and develop new digital circuit architectures on advanced process nodes with an awareness of competing solutions and commercial pressures
- Contribute to phases of the project from business and resource planning and market definition through to development and product delivery
- Influence the growth of the group through recruitment, mentoring, review, and supervision of junior engineers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s, Master's or Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent with an extensive proven background in digital CMOS circuit design
- Implementation of complex digital circuits and sub-systems in RTL using Verilog / SystemVerilog
- Understanding of digital system-level design, including use of standard bus protocols, bus architecture design and chip-level clock and reset architecture
- Verification of block-level digital designs
- Understanding of synthesis and timing analysis of digital circuits; collaboration with DFT and Place and Route team
- Good interpersonal skills, share technical expertise and knowledge, contribute to design reviews, work optimally to resolve conflicts
- Organised, detailed, and meticulous with strong communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and thrive in a dynamic environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- An understanding, appreciation and passion for audio engineering or power electronics.
- Experience working within UVM based verification environments
- Scripting and automation of design tasks
- Experience of targeting industry standard FPGA platforms
- Audio DSP filter design and signal analysis techniques
- Integration of micro-processors into a system, including bring-up of embedded software
- Lab and silicon validation skills; Experience of chip bring-up and debug from design perspective
- Board level interface standards and interface design
- Clock recovery and/or clock generation circuits
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.