Systems Engineer/Product Definer – Audio Amplifiers JM-4946
You will be responsible for defining integrated circuit (IC) and solutions for consumer products by translating the customer’s needs into the detailed design and test specifications used to guide the design of the IC. Play a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices for Cirrus Logic's audio amplifier business and ensuring that those devices meet customer requirements. This role is highly valued, can receive considerable recognition and will be part of a close-knit, winning team. This is a highly visible position with significant career advancement opportunities.
- Collaborate with tier 1 customers and internal engineering teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for complex IC designs involving Class AB/D audio amplifiers, Buck/Boost converters, charge pumps, ADCs/DACs, and Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Consider all product requirements such as customers' requirements, digital/analog process technologies, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs and propose viable solutions
- Communicate ideas and specifications to internal and external technical audiences
- Author, review, and update design specifications and validation test plans
- Participate in architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation and product test engineers
- Perform thorough competitive analysis including lab investigations
- Participate in industry conferences and forums to ensure device compatibility with adopted standards
- Travel domestically and internationally approximately 2 – 5 weeks per year to work with customers
- Autonomously manage contending customer- and project-related priorities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in architecting, specifying and designing low power, mixed-signal integrated circuits for audio processing in portable electronic products such as smartphones, tablets, music/video players, digital, etc.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.