Entry Level Validation Engineer 5534
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
We have an incredible opportunity for a hardworking engineer to join our Validation Engineering team. You will be a valued member of the pre-silicon emulation/post-silicon validation team focused on bringing ground-breaking Mixed Signal Audio chips to market. Our high-performance chips enable an incredible audio experience with highly integrated, platform level functionality while delivering lowest power consumption and highest efficiency. You’ll work in a fast paced, dynamic, and creative environment and quickly become a valued part of our team.
- Develop and implement tests on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet.
- Think beyond the datasheet and around design corners to find elusive bugs.
- Able to think of test cases and customer usage models that may violate the assumptions of designers and systems engineers.
- Develop automated test framework, regression test suites in Python and/or LabVIEW to optimise validation efficiency.
- Work with validation peers to implement standard methodologies and continuous improvements to Cirrus Logic validation methodologies
- Collaborate closely with IC Design engineers, System Engineers and Application Engineers to understand requirements and use cases
- Debug analog/digital silicon issues, board issues and Validation software/hardware tools issues.
- Analyse test results and identify failures/defects using business intelligence tools such as Spotfire.
- Synthesise RTL designs targeted to custom Xilinx FPGA platforms, test and debug the FPGA model and perform full-chip emulation on FPGA platform
- Design FPGA emulation and silicon validation board schematics and bring-up the platforms.
- Develop and work with supporting HW (FPGA, DSP, ARM, 8051, JTAG, debuggers) and SW (C, Assembly, scripts) collateral.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in various automation framework hardware tools (FPGA, DSP, NI Data Acquisition) or software tools/languages (Scripting languages such as Python, SQL, test sequencers such as NI Teststand, Spotfire, schematic capture tools).
- Shown proficiency in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, I2S, TDM or high-speed control/data bus as examples
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.