Information Security Engineer LF-4963
We are seeking a highly motivated, diligent security engineer to join our IT Security and Monitoring team, responsible for monitoring and improving our overall security posture. You’ll work in a dynamic environment and quickly become a valued part of a team ensuring the security and availability of our corporate IT systems. You'll dive right into learning our environment and planning our next phase. Are you an expert in developing network and system security solutions using current technologies to prevent and resolve network and computer system attacks? If so, we want to hear from you!
- As a member of the Security Team, you will establish and implement policies and procedures vital to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect those systems from intentional or inadvertent access or damage.
- You will contribute to the development of a security program with a focus on identifying vulnerabilities, evaluating risks, and implementing security solutions for our entire company.
- You'll review and improve our vulnerability management systems to identify any hardware misconfigurations or software deficiencies, to reduce our overall risk profile.
- You'll configure and maintain automated and interactive intrusion detection tools to alert and respond to potential system compromise, in order to maintain the security of our data systems.
- As part of our incident prevention program, you'll ensure that users are trained on and adhere to necessary procedures and policies to maintain overall data security.
- Along with our internal audit group, you will participate in security audits to meet government regulatory requirements and industry certifications (GDPR, ISO, etc.)
- You'll have many opportunities to update your technical proficiency through training classes, development conferences, and participating in professional organizations.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You will hold a Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, computer engineering, or a related technical subject area and have demonstrated ability as a security analyst in a globally dispersed enterprise
- You will make use of your knowledge of network protocols and common network services to identify system vulnerabilities.
- You have hands-on experience with NIDS (Network IDS) and HIDS (Host based IDS)
- You have experience with IT security domains including authentication, audit controls, risk analysis, compliance, forensics, and incident response
- You have experience with common IT infrastructure such as workstations and servers, routers, switches, network firewalls, wireless networks, and remote access hardware
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience responding to and resolving situations caused by network and computer system attacks
- Hold one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP); GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.