Field Applications Engineer - Power Regulation and Power Conversion BT-5541
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
As a Field Applications Engineer, you will play a fundamental role in defining next-generation product solutions, including devices and sub-systems for Cirrus Logic's growing power regulation/power conversion business, ensuring devices meet customer requirements and provide outstanding performance. As part of this collaborative team, you will contribute significantly to our product roadmap by translating customers' needs into specifications used to guide the design of power devices. You will establish relationships with customers to understand their needs and effectively communicate these to sales management and product departments while working with internal partners to balance available resources and achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with tier 1 customers, marketing, and design engineering teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set, composed of integrated DC-to-DC switching buck and/or boost converters, charge pumps, hybrid power converters, general-purpose monitors, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), clocking, analog and digital interfaces, and device-to-device communications
- Consider all product requirements such as customers' requirements, battery technologies, digital/analog process technologies, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs and propose viable solutions
- Communicate ideas and specifications to internal and external technical audiences
- Build relationships with customers to develop an understanding of their needs and effectively communicate these to sales management and product departments
- Travel domestically and internationally approximately 2 – 5 weeks per year to work with customers
- Autonomously handle contending customer- and project-related priorities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in defining, architecting or designing DC/DC converters or mixed-signal integrated circuits for portable electronics products such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, battery chargers, etc.
- Able to support customers at Tier 1 major accounts in the US and globally
- Knowledge of tools, firmware, algorithms, and micro-controller coding
- Support customers’ design, including device recommendation, schematic review circuit debugging
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience
This is a remote opportunity that can be based anywhere in the United States
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.