Summer Intern - FPGA Implementation Engineer JF-6215
We are looking for a highly motivated Intern to join our Mixed Signal Audio team. As an FPGA Engineer in our mixed signal audio development team, you will perform the synthesis of ASIC designs on to FPGA platforms. You will work on emulation systems and will help drive improvements in emulation methodology across the division.
- Porting of the ASIC RTL code onto FPGA targets
- Perform implementation techniques to create a clean FPGA image
- Develop emulation tools to automate common repetitive tasks
- Develop small IP blocks to model analog circuits
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Enrolled in MS or PhD program in Electrical Engineering and available for full-time employment during the internship period
- Strong understanding of digital design fundamentals
- Knowledge of static timing analysis concepts
- Have a curious and inquiring mind with the dedication to follow through on getting answers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of RTL coding languages like VHDL or Verilog.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python or Ruby.
- Work to tight and variable time scales.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic follows a 2+ day in-office work schedule but interns should expect to be in the office more often, up to 5 days per week, based on business needs and team preference. Interns must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning their internship with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.