Summer Intern - Software Tools Developer LS-6175
As a summer intern on our Software Tools team, you will work alongside our applications, firmware and algorithm development teams to write production code. We develop advanced software tools, running on Windows and Mac platforms that allow Cirrus Hardware Engineers and our Customers to perform graphical configuration and tuning of our products.
Are you right for this role? If so, you can expect excellent development opportunities and a chance to get real world experience in a lively environment!
- Work within a large, globally distributed software development team that develops advanced software tools, running on Windows and Mac platforms.
- Collaborate with the local team to clarify, breakdown, and estimate requirements.
- Work with partners and teammates to create, review, and implement designs.
- Learn good practices and techniques for developing software on a global team.
- Learn as much as possible about Cirrus Logic products and the Solutions we provide our Customers.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Actively pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar relevant area).
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design and development skills in Java, C++, C# (or similar statically-typed system language).
- Python, Ruby or similar system scripting language.
- Experience/Exposure to multi-threaded systems, multi-process systems, IPC, Algorithms, Data Structures.
- Strong desire to work actively with development teams and learn both soft and technical skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Java or C#.
- Experience with high-level UI frameworks (JavaFX, Swing, XAML/.NET, Qt or similar).
- Understanding of version control (Git, SVN).
- Experience with Unit/UI Testing (JUnit, TestFX).
- Experience/interest in embedded development, digital signal processing, microcontrollers.
- Experience/interest in build automation, deployment and continuous integration methodologies.
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic follows a 2+ day in-office work schedule but interns should expect to be in the office more often, up to 5 days per week, based on business needs and team preference. Interns must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning their internship with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.