Applications Engineering Rotation Program SP-5659
The Applications Engineer Rotation Program is a 24-month program intended to accelerate your knowledge and understanding of the role applications engineers play at Cirrus Logic, and how they fit in the larger organization. It gives context, and supports your growth into a well-rounded engineer, skilled in supporting the design challenges our customers face. The program includes 4 six-month rotations in 2 different 6-month assignments in various product lines as an application engineer, 1 six-month rotation as a field application engineer directly supporting US based customers, and 1 six-month rotation in a technical role in one of the many groups that interact and collaborate with application engineers.
At the end of the program, you will become a member of the Cirrus Logic Applications Engineering team that is focused on bringing leading edge Mixed-Signal Audio devices to market. You will play a fundamental role in bringing to market next-generation devices for Cirrus’ growing audio business and ensuring that our customers can easily and effectively integrate our devices into their end products.
- Provide direct engineering support for Cirrus Logic customers and field personnel
- Develop reference designs and demonstration platforms
- Develop application notes, white papers, demo-board, and reference-design manuals
- Develop firmware and RTL modules for customer reference and demonstration
- Implement customer-application focused data collection and circuit analysis
- Collaborate and communicate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Validation engineers to understand and define design requirements and customer use cases.
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Travel approximately 2 weeks per year, domestically and abroad
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. GPA 3.5 or higher.
- Mixed-signal hardware and audio-related backgrounds are strongly preferred
- Familiarity with scripting/programming language such as Verilog, C, Python, MATLAB or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.