Mixed Signal Applications Engineer - Sensors AR-4970
Be part of a dynamic Applications Engineering team that is passionate about bringing groundbreaking Mixed Signal devices to market! You will play a fundamental role in bringing to market next-generation devices for our growing haptics and sensing business and ensuring that our customers can easily and effectively integrate our devices into their end products. Are you open to this exciting challenge? We invite you to take part in Cirrus Logics' “rocking’” culture!
- Provide direct engineering support for Cirrus Logic key customers, and field personnel
- Develop reference designs, demonstration platforms, application notes, white papers, and reference-design manuals
- Develop, test, and qualify firmware and RTL configurations for customer reference and demonstration
- Execute customer-application focused data collection and circuit analysis
- Contribute to next-generation haptics and force sensing product definition
- Collaborate and communicate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Validation engineers to understand and define design requirements and customer use cases.
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Travel approximately 2 weeks per year, domestically and abroad
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of proven experience in the semiconductor industry
- Proven aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, I2S, or high-speed control/data bus examples.
- Knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed-signal fundamentals including filter design, frequency and time domain analysis of circuits, ADCs, DACs, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in component selection, schematic entry, and knowledge of PCB layout design.
- Familiarity with a scripting or programming language such as Python, Verilog, C, MATLAB or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with force sensing - either resistive, capacitive, or inductive technologies - is strongly preferred
- Mixed-signal hardware experience working with haptics devices is also strongly preferred
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.