Audio Firmware Engineer NS-5302
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
We have a phenomenal opportunity for an Audio Firmware Engineer contributing to the design and development of new signal processing capabilities for the entire signal chain, from capture to playback. You will develop innovative products for the world’s top smartphones, tablets, digital headsets and wearables. This is a great opportunity to join the Cirrus Logic family in an organisation operating at the forefront of ground breaking technology!
- Contribute to driving new ideas, crafting IP, methodologies and techniques to improve existing software algorithms and solutions
- Providing insight to the DSP SW roadmap, working with product definition teams to build leading-edge and differentiated feature-sets
- Developing algorithms (crafted by the research team) and porting them to fixed point C for embedded devices.
- Simulating, characterizing and optimizing algorithms to validate that they meet intended goals, and map to the constraints of custom hardware or DSP cores
- Designing test harnesses and lab setups to prove the capabilities and limitations of experimental algorithms
- Working closely with our chip design, applications and marketing teams
- Degree (1st or 2.1) or equivalent and proven experience, in Electronics, Embedded Software, Signal Processing or another field
- Excellent mathematical ability and experience with the use of tools such as MATLAB/SIMULINK
- Experience of developing floating and fixed-point C code on embedded platform
- Innovative, creative, lateral thinking
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to plan and work to a managed schedule across multiple functional teams
- Ability to pick up a broad range of responsibilities from design and simulation to prototyping and implementation on custom hardware
- Good interpersonal skills and a standout colleague
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues to senior management as well as peers
- Experience with embedded firmware design methodology
- Experience in several of the following: General signal processing, audio/sensor signal processing; filter design; spectral analysis; audio processing
- Demonstrable experience in research, implementation and production grade firmware
- Higher level qualification or equivalent (MSc or PhD in Electronics, Embedded Software, Signal Processing or related field)
- An ability to see the big picture in relation to individual contributions
- An interest in audio, sensor signal processing and embedded devices.
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.