System Architect 5845
Cirrus Logic are looking for a talented System Architect to help drive the next generation of technologies and products, to serve new and exciting opportunities in wearable health and medical diagnostics. As part of a highly collaborative team, you will be responsible for the development of extreme low-power, high-performance mixed-signal IC’s in advanced CMOS processes, specified to drive transformational change in these new applications and markets
This is a key position in a lively, exciting, and dynamic environment, suited to a candidate with a growth mindset, a strong passion for learning, and a can-do attitude.
- Collaborate with customers, marketing, design, software and applications teams to define the next generation solutions products for mobile and consumer electronics markets.
- Detail system and performance requirements generation for both IC and accompanying SW features.
- Determine hardware/software trade-off analysis for key features and requirements, defining most optimal system implementation.
- Establish architecture definition for complex IC/SoC designs involving class ultra-low power instrumentation IP, DAC's/ADC's, buck/boost converters, charge pumps as well as advanced Digital Signal Processors.
- Lead architecture reviews and participate in IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation and product test engineers.
- Work with Strategic Marketing, Design Engineering, and IP teams on novel solutions to satisfy product and customer needs.
- Contribute significantly to business planning around technology and IP aspects.
- Communicate ideas and specifications to technical audiences (internal and external customers).
- Work closely with Marketing to establish positive relationships with key Customers.
- Be the technical voice of the customer back into the portfolio planning and product development processes.
- Understand finer details of customer architectures, roadmap, likely evolution of said architectures and work with Marketing to propose the best technical solutions to enhance Customer products.
- Keep abreast of the competitive environment, influencing the Customer.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BSEE/MSEE and proven experience designing mixed-signal IC’s and with some experience performing IC architectural decisions.
- Significant experience in architecting, specifying and designing ultra-low power, mixed signal components for portable electronic products such as smartphones, tablets, music/video players, etc.
- Good knowledge of analog and mixed-signal IC design techniques (instrumentation circuit design, SoC architectures, ultra-low power design techniques, silicon processes, transducers, etc.).
- Broad system level knowledge low-power portable application space.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Results-oriented and thrive in a dynamic environment.
Based in the Edinburgh office
This hybrid remote position will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.