Embedded Software Engineer BM-5777
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be responsible for the design and development of critical embedded firmware for Cirrus Logic ICs. You’ll create sophisticated demonstration and test platforms that are essential to both validating our products and also winning new business. You’ll directly support field application engineers as they engage with customers to design Cirrus Logic’s highly desired IP into innovative consumer products.
- Design, develop, maintain, and test real-time embedded software for Cirrus Logic ICs
- Develop host processor applications for both real-time embedded and Windows-based Python environments
- Proactively engage with other teams include HW Design, Software Tools, Applications, and SQA engineering teams
- Document designs and APIs both internal and external customers
Required Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Computer Science/Engineering and 5+ years of real-time embedded development experience or BS in Computer Science/Engineering with 7+ years of real-time embedded development experience
- Recent experience developing real-time embedded software for ARM Cortex A or Cortex M series processors
- Advanced knowledge in the C\C++ programming language
- Solid proficiency in Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with bare-metal embedded development
- Experience with developing production software in a Continuous Integration (CI) environment.
- Experience using Git SCM
- Experience using the Meson/Ninja build system
- Experience with GoogleTest
This position is located in Mesa, AZ
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.