Entry Level Applications Engineer, Power PL-5882
This position is part of the Applications Engineering team that is focused on bringing leading edge Mixed Signal devices to market. In this position you will work closely with engineering staff to design and test mixed-signal circuits that can be used to support next generation devices.
- Develop and execute automated tests on the lab bench.
- Work closely with teams to report project status/progress to program management on a regular basis
- Analyze test results and identify failures/defects using business intelligence tools such as Spotfire.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with Design, Systems and Application engineers to understand requirements and use cases
- Debug analog/digital silicon issues, board issues and software/hardware tools issues
- Develop application notes, white papers, demo-board, and reference design manuals
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Design PCB schematics and work with layout engineers to review board layouts before being released for fabrication
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 0-2 years of experience
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as MATLAB, LabVIEW, C, Python or similar
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators or general lab gear
- Sound electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics or audio engineering are essential
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions
- Highly dynamic, energetic and driven personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work across functional groups and organization
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.