Analog Design Engineer - Power 6331
As an Analog Design Engineer working on power conversion technologies, you will be part of a collaborative team developing high-performance mixed-signal integrated circuits, including innovative power converters and other circuitry in advanced CMOS processes. You will play a meaningful role in developing next-generation devices and ensuring that leading consumer electronics manufacturers can easily integrate our devices into their products.
- Development of advanced power conversion solutions and respective circuitry from specification through concept, architecture, design, and design integration into high-performance mixed-signal ICs
- Modelling of solutions using tools such as Matlab, Simulink, and Spectre AMS Designer
- Transistor level implementation of the design
- Leading all aspects of layout implementation and performing post-layout simulations and optimization
- Hands-on lab evaluation of silicon and debug
- Supporting post-silicon activities including product validation, characterization, and production test
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BSc or MSc in electronic/electrical engineering or equivalent degree, and a number of years of industrial experience
- Deep understanding of the analog design flow steps including architecture, design, and design integration
- Confirmed understanding of high-level modelling tools such as Matlab, Simulink, or similar
- Expertise in power conversion architectures, transistor-level design, and simulation
- Understanding of control theory for power conversion solutions
- Proven hands-on experience in design of inductive and/or capacitive power converters
- Hands-on lab test/debug experience with scopes, logic analyzers, and other lab equipment
- Possess understanding of device physics, device parasitics and basic ESD/Latchup protection
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This position is located in Newbury, UK
This is a hybrid position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.