Post-Silicon Validation Test Engineer JI-5670
You will be part of a collaborative, multi-functional development team validating and characterizing sophisticated mixed-signal products. You will play a meaningful role in supporting new product introductions and post-silicon validation/triage. Our high-performance chips enable an incredible audio experience with highly integrated, platform-level functionality while delivering the lowest power consumption and highest efficiency.
- Design, develop, debug silicon validation board-level hardware and bring-up the platforms prior to first silicon.
- Debug analog/digital silicon issues, board issues, and validation software/hardware tools issues and find collaborative solutions to complex problems.
- Develop and implement tests on the lab bench per the validation/characterization plan during post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet.
- Develop automated test framework, regression test suites in TestStand / Python and/or LabVIEW to optimize validation efficiency.
- Develop a software stack/framework methodology based primarily in Python.
- Work with validation/ production test peers to implement standard methodologies and continuous improvements to Cirrus Logic validation methodologies.
- Collaborate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems Engineers, and Application engineers to understand requirements and use cases.
- Analyze test results and identify failures/defects using business intelligence tools such as Spotfire, excel and JMP
- Develop and work with supporting HW (FPGA, DSP, ARM, 8051, JTAG, debuggers) and SW (C, Assembly, scripts) collaterals
- Develop tests and work on testing platform NI-STS (HSDIO / DSA / bench-top equipment) using NI based Python methodologies.
- Write technical reports/summaries of all data collected.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in an IC Product Engineering role
- Experience with production mixed-signal IC testers such as NI-STS (HSDIO, DSA, and/or FPGA PXI instrumentation) would be particularly relevant
- Able to handle engineering tasks, on an as-needed basis, combining experience in Characterization, Failure Analysis, Test Development, Statistical analysis, and Customer Support
- Mixed Signal background with experience in power analysis
- Ability to organize assignments and schedule time to complete work you're doing within established timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with others to tackle routine problems
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & diagnostic skills
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.