Senior Analog IC Design Engineer - Power TP-5979
As an Analog Design Engineer working on power conversion technologies, you will be part of a collaborative team developing high-performance mixed-signal integrated circuits, including innovative power converters and other circuitry in advanced CMOS processes. You will play a meaningful role in developing next-generation devices and ensuring that leading consumer electronics manufacturers can easily integrate our devices into their products.
- Development of advanced power conversion solutions and respective circuitry
- Development through concept, architecture, design, and design integration into high-performance mixed-signal ICs
- Modeling of solutions using tools such as Matlab, Simulink, and Spectre AMS Designer
- Transistor-level implementation of the design
- Leading all aspects of layout implementation and performing post-layout simulations and optimization
- Hands-on lab checkout, silicon learning, and debug
- Supporting post-silicon activities including product validation, characterization, and production test
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and 3+ years of proven professional experience in integrated circuit design engineering
- Deep understanding of the analog design flow steps including architecture, design, and design integration
- Proven understanding of high-level modeling tools such as Matlab, Simulink, or similar
- Expertise in power conversion architectures, transistor-level design, and simulation
- Understanding of control theory for power conversion solutions
- Experience designing inductive and/or capacitive power converters
- Hands-on lab test/debug experience with scopes, logic analyzers, and other lab equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best-qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience, and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.