Intern - Embedded Software Test Engineer SP-5433
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
As an intern on the embedded software test team, you will work on products that are delivered to world-class customers and ensure that they have been thoroughly tested and deliveries are rock-solid!
- Create and execute on test plans during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product
- Find issues and triage/debug them with team members in the software organization
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts and regression test suites
- Identify, report, and handle defects in a defect tracking system
- Present results to product owners, internal customers to assist in resolving defects
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Knowledge of embedded systems and Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Knowledge of scripting or programming languages such as (Python/shell, C, C++, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both in spoken and written English)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of MCU and DSP cores/processors
- Understanding of software testing and test automation principles
- Familiar with defect management practices
- Familiar with SDLC
- Familiar with Jira, svn/git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins)
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.