Silicon Technology Engineer 6288
We’re seeking a high energy engineer for this high-visibility position within our Silicon Technology team! You will work closely with external foundry suppliers, internal design and marketing teams to enable silicon mixed-signal silicon technologies. You will drive new technology and product introduction to optimise yield and quality by resolving complex technical challenges. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse team operating at the forefront of world-class technology!
- Support mixed-signal IC development from initial design to early volume, leading new product tape-out, driving early yield optimisation and supporting product qualification
- Work with IC design, marketing, and product engineering teams to establish product silicon technology needs
- Review external silicon foundry technology offerings against product needs and drive alignment on a technology roadmap
- Establish relationship with foundry suppliers to guide development of base technology and to develop custom silicon modules or devices in support of Cirrus Logic roadmap
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve multi-faceted performance and yield issues on complex mixed-signal ICs
- Support IC design and layout teams with specialist process knowledge, advising and reviewing SOA use conditions and design rule compliance, including DFM
- Drive technical knowledge-share and methodology improvements within the Silicon Technology group and throughout the wider engineering community
- Test structure design and characterization to enable new device modules or to advise new circuit design implementation and performance optimisation
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's/Master’s/PhD degree in Electronics, Physics, Materials Engineering, or equivalent, and considerable experience in semiconductor technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of device physics, and experience with device characterization
- Proven background in planar technology development, process integration, or technology transfer with knowledge of 180nm to 22nm processes
- Experience with semiconductor manufacturing issues, trade-offs, and yield improvement activities, including DFM methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of device physics and reliability (e.g. HCI, TDDB, SOA characterization, etc.)
- Strong data analysis skills with an analytical approach to assessing and identifying alternative courses of action for resolution of unique and diverse technical problems
- Knowledge of key analog & mixed-signal design, device and design rule requirements (e.g. noise, mismatch, Rdson, multiple voltage domains, etc.) and associated process implications
- Ability to handle multiple projects, and work efficient as part of a team or independently
- Available for up to 15% travel overseas
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes, procedures, facilities and equipment
- Experience in high voltage and BCD technology development or process integration
- Prior experience working with external foundries
- Prior experience collaborating with PDK & Modeling teams, and familiarity with layout and design rule review
- Test chip design and bench characterization experience
This position is located in Edinburgh.
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.