Software Test Engineer WB-5885
Are you fascinated by the technologies behind the latest handsets – the signal processing that drives audio, haptics, camera controllers and more? As a Software Test Engineer, you will work within our Tools Development team designing, building and maintaining automated test systems to ensure that software technology is thoroughly tested and deliveries are rock solid. If you are a software engineer with and passion for software testing, inventiveness, competitive spirit, and you like to break things, read on.
- Work within the software development team to understand the tooling systems requirements, and design and develop tests for those systems
- Build long-term solutions that are sustainable and scalable across different types of firmware and tools
- Perform release testing, analyze test results, debug failures, and raise defect reports
- Build software and hardware infrastructure vital for robust continuous test systems
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor level degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Proficiency in Java or Python
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and reporting skills
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Continuous integration (Jenkins / GitLab)
- Experience in creating, designing and implementing automated test cases
- Familiarity with Software QA methodologies and defect reporting/tracking systems
- Experience of Java programming or GUI frameworks
- Able to use source code management (git)
- Familiarity with audio and/or wireless communication standards
- API automation testing including experience with automation frameworks
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.