Analog IP Design Engineer AG-6009
This role is responsible for analog IP library development, which encompasses the design, simulation, characterization, and validation of I/O circuits, band-gap-based power on reset circuits, standard cells, de-glitch cells, delay macro’s, and level shifters, both dynamic and static. This included transistor level design of the analog IP, characterization for timing, working with layout teams to get the IP on silicon, working with design teams to define the specs for the IP, developing Verilog models for the IP, and providing guidance for integration of the IP into the chip level floorplan.
- Design, simulate, and optimize analog IP circuits
- Characterization and modeling of analog IP and I/O libraries to support mixed-signal design flow
- Release and maintain analog IP and I/O libraries and models
Required Skills and Qualifications
- This position requires Ph.D. and 0 years OR MS and 3 years OR BS, and 5 years of proven experience. Degree must be in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Good understanding of transistor-level circuit simulation and design.
- Understand power and speed tradeoffs in the design of analog IPs.
- Help in the design of low leakage IP’s to be used in mobile phone and IoT applications.
- Must understand layout and be able to guide layout engineers
- Proficiency with Cadence schematic capture, layout, and simulation tools
- Ability to work independently and lead or be part of a technical team
- Effective oral and written communication is a must
- Experience in IBIS model generation is a plus
This position is located in Austin, TX
This hybrid remote position will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting or willing to relocate before beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best-qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience, and performance. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.