Systems Engineer / Product Definer 5846
Cirrus Logic are looking for a talented Systems Engineer/Product Definer to help drive the next generation of technologies and products, to serve new and exciting opportunities in wearable health and medical diagnostics. As part of a highly collaborative team, you will be responsible for the development of extreme low-power, high-performance mixed-signal IC’s in advanced CMOS processes, specified to drive transformational change in these new applications and markets.
This is a key position in a lively, exciting, and dynamic environment, suited to a candidate with a growth mindset, a strong passion for learning, and a can-do attitude
- Collaborate with customers, marketing, design, software and applications teams to define the next generation solutions products for mobile and consumer electronics markets.
- Consider all product requirements such as customers' requirements, digital/analog process technologies, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs and propose viable solutions.
- Detail system and performance requirements generation for both IC and accompanying SW features.
- Determine hardware/software trade-off analysis for key features and requirements, defining most optimal system implementation.
- Communicate ideas and specifications to internal and external technical audiences.
- Author, review, and update design specifications and validation test plans.
- Participate in architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation, and product test engineers.
- Perform thorough competitive analysis including lab investigations.
- Participate in industry conferences and forums to ensure device compatibility with adopted standards and influence emerging standards.
- Autonomously manage contending customer- and project-related priorities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering with experience in product definition, architecting or designing mixed-signal integrated circuits for ultra-low power sensing applications.
- Organized and detailed with strong communication skills.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Results-oriented and able to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Electrical Engineering with proven experience.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Able to work to tight timescales.
This position is located in Edinburgh.
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.#LI-PD1
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.