Corporate Counsel MB-5978
Cirrus Logic has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic attorney to join our legal team in Austin, Texas. As a Corporate Counsel, you will work both individually and within cross-functional teams located primarily in Austin and in Edinburgh, UK supporting and enabling them to build and sell products that make Cirrus Logic the number one choice in signal processing. Working as part of an international team, and supporting a truly global business, you will have the opportunity to provide advice and help protect the company’s interests, as outlined below.
- Primarily: draft, review, negotiate, and provide advice on a broad variety of commercial agreements including research, development, services, and licensing
- Secondarily, as needed: assist in a range of legal matters, including employee benefits and general corporate matters
- Provide legal advice and input on issues material to the business and assist other legal team members with transactional matters
- Work in close partnership with other departments including Benefits, Accounting & Finance, and HR
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent academic credentials and 2+ years of experience as an external counsel or in-house attorney
- JD and at least one state bar membership
- Experience in the following areas: commercial transactions and general corporate matters including employee benefits
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Membership in the Texas Bar
- Excellent analytic, legal drafting, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, in different business units and in multiple time zones
- Strong client-service skills, as well the ability to prioritize tasks in a constantly evolving environment
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, basic aspects of electronics and semiconductors
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.