Senior Validation Engineer - Power Products TS-5749
We are looking for a multifaceted and driven Senior Validation Engineer to join our team focusing on power-related products. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining strong collaboration with internal teams, developing and implementing validation test plans on a lab bench, as well as maintaining validation infrastructure to ensure highly functional and robust products!
- Develop tests on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet
- Develop automated test framework and regression test suites to optimize validation efficiency
- Design power and mixed signal (measurement specific power, SMPS, audio, ADC/DAC, and digital circuits) board schematics and bring-up the platforms
- Collaborate with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers, and Application engineers to understand requirements and use cases
- Debug analog and digital silicon issues, board issues, and validation software and hardware tools issues
- Partner with the team to implement standard methodologies and continuous improvements to Cirrus Logic's validation methodologies
- Analyze test results and identify failures and defects using business analytics tools such as Spotfire
- Develop and support Hardware (FPGA, DSP, ARM, JTAG, debuggers) and Software (scripting, schematic capture, C, firmware) collaterals
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of experience or MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as Python, LabVIEW/TestStand, or MATLAB
- Proven hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, power analyzer, electronic load, logic analyzers, or spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues
- Strong electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics, PMIC, switched mode power converters (inductive, charge-pump, buck, boost, battery chargers), loop stability and transient response measurements, signal processing, and audio engineering.
- Understanding of power conversion circuits, mixed signal building blocks such as ADC, DAC, PLLs, amplifiers, signal processing algorithms, and measurement methods as well as IC control/communication protocols (I2C, SPI, I2S, etc.)
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board, and software interactions
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in various automation framework hardware tools (FPGA, DSP, NI Data Acquisition) or software tools/languages (Scripting languages, Python, SQL, test sequencers such as NI Teststand, Spotfire, schematic capture tools)
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various switched mode power converters, analog and mixed signal circuits, measurement and signal processing method
- Strong ability to solve measurement problems, develop new measurement methods and debug power and mixed signal circuits both at board and silicon level
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.