Audio Algorithm Engineer FG-4973
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We are looking for an Audio Algorithm Engineer to add to our Salt Lake Research team! You will have a meaningful role in creating software algorithms that improve the end-user experience for top global consumer electronics brands.
- Develop, model, and test audio & speech algorithms in MATLAB
- Build novel and sophisticated algorithms, performance simulations, and analyses, using simulated and real data in both time series and spectral domains
- Analyze results from simulations and data collections to identify root causes and trends
- Apply statistical methods to ensure results are complete and accurate.
- Design and development of data acquisition platforms
- Create clear and detailed documentation
- Summarize and present technical data to fellow engineers and management team
- Collaborate with other teams to help productize algorithms
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree 5+ years of industry experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Acoustics or equivalent
- Proficient in MATLAB and Python.
- Proven understanding of signal processing for analog and digital systems such as digital filtering, adaptive filtering, echo control, haptic control, multi-mic noise reduction, speech intelligibility enhancement, HRTF surround sound, speaker arrays, microphone beamforming
- Excellent mixed signal hardware modeling knowledge including microphones, ADC/DAC, decimation filters and DSP functionality
- Hands-on embedded systems development experience
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively
- Proven aptitude to quickly learn new technologies
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, flexibility and perseverance
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Doctorate degree and 3+ years proven experience in a relevant technical field
- Acoustic and audio measurement and simulation experience
- Experience using embedded, low footprint machine learning and application of machine learning techniques to audio processing algorithms
This position is located in Salt Lake City, UT
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.