Digital Design Engineer MK-6268
Join our team developing low-power/low-voltage mixed-signal audio processing ICs for consumer audio markets and participate in all aspects of design from concept to production silicon. This is a challenging position in a fun, challenging, and dynamic environment and provides excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Work in a team environment to create and engineer digital design subsystems from concept through to tape-out
- Model control loop feedback and signal processing algorithms using tools such as Matlab and Simulink
- Convert subsystems into real-world final designs for integration into final product
- Support tape-out and post-silicon activities including validation, characterization, and production test
- Design and development of a variety of digital and DSP IP blocks that form the core of our high-performance mixed-signal
audio processing ICs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Requires a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with GPA 3.6 or higher
- Working knowledge of Verilog RTL language
- Working knowledge of digital design flow from architecture, RTL design, verification, and synthesis
- Familiarity of control theory and discrete time, z-domain, signal processing techniques
- Familiarity with FIR and IIR filter design
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of high level modeling tools like Simulink, Matlab, or similar
- Experience with mixed-signal design, simulation, and verification
- Familiarity with back-end flow including synthesis, place and route, and timing analysis
- Experience generating functional test vectors for PTE
- Basic understanding of CMOS transistors
- Lab and silicon validation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This position is located in Austin, TX.
This is a hybrid position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preferences. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate before beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best-qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate based on race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.