FPGA Implementation Engineer JR-5977
As an FPGA Implementation Engineer in our mixed-signal audio development team, you will perform the synthesis of ASIC designs onto FPGA platforms. You will work on complex FPGA prototyping systems and will help drive improvements in prototyping methodology across the division.
- Porting of the ASIC RTL code onto FPGA targets
- Development of a comprehensive set of emulation tools
- Define and run functional validation tests to prove the FPGA builds prior to FPGA distribution
- Responsible for performing the RTL and VHDL coding procedures including the FPGA design processes and also takes care of the creation of the physical stages
- Test the digital chip RTL from a user perspective on FPGA emulation platforms
- Introduce model-based designing methods with the help of Simulink or Matlab framework and representation
- Validate new digital IP and architectures on FPGAs prior to silicon being produced
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field and 3+ years of directly related experience
- Experience using FPGAs and an understanding of how FPGA design differs from ASIC design.
- Proficient in operating the simulation and modeling equipment including the design tools.
- Knowledge of Verilog, System Verilog, and digital design concepts.
- Verification/validation techniques and methodologies, including strong debugging skills.
- Understanding of common FPGA primitives such as memories, I/O pads, BUFG, and MMCMs.
- Familiar with common on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA (AXI, AHB, APB) and communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, I2S, and UART.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in FPGA flows - Synthesis, Place & Route, and Timing closure, with emphasis on Synopsys Synplify and Xilinx Vivado.
- Experience with Floorplanning and advanced timing closure techniques.
- Scripting knowledge (Python/Tcl) is desired.
- Solid documentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work to tight and variable time scales.
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best-qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience, and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.