Applications Engineer 5445
As an experienced applications engineer, you will help bring to market our next-generation power IC devices. You will play a fundamental role in validating or state of the art power ICs and will be responsible for ensuring our customers can easily and effectively integrate our devices into their end products.
- Test and validate power ICs on bench
- Provide direct engineering support for Cirrus Logic customers and field personnel
- Develop application notes, white papers, evaluation kits, evaluation board manuals
- Collaborate and communicate closely with tier 1 customers, marketing and internal engineering teams to define, architect and create collateral for customer use cases for complex IC designs
- Contribute to next-generation product definition
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Travel approximately 3 weeks per year, domestically and abroad
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years or MS in Electrical Engineering and 3+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Experience with integrated DC-to-DC switching buck and/or boost converters, battery chargers and mixed signal circuits for portable or power electronic products
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB PD, UART, I2S or high speed control/data bus examples.
- Experience in component selection, schematic entry and knowledge of PCB layout design.
- Familiarity with scripting/programming language such as Python, C, MATLAB or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers