Product Characterization Engineer 5771
Exciting opportunity for a Product Characterization Engineer to be part of a collaborative, multi-functional development team validating and characterising sophisticated mixed-signal products. You will play a meaningful role in supporting new product introductions and post-silicon validation/triage.
Our high-performance chips enable an incredible audio experience with highly integrated, platform level functionality while delivering lowest power consumption and highest efficiency.
- Design, develop, debug silicon validation board-level hardware and bring-up the platforms prior to first silicon.
- Debug analogue/digital silicon issues, board issues, and validation software/hardware tools issues and find collaborative solutions to complex problems.
- Develop and implement tests on the lab bench per the validation/characterization plan during post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet.
- Develop automated test framework, regression test suites in TestStand / Python and/or LabVIEW to optimize validation efficiency.
- Develop a software stack/framework methodology based primarily in Python.
- Work with validation/ production test peers to implement standard methodologies and continuous improvements to Cirrus Logic validation methodologies.
- Collaborate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems Engineers, and Application engineers to understand requirements and use cases.
- Analyze test results and identify failures/defects using business intelligence tools such as Spotfire, excel and JMP
- Develop and work with supporting HW (FPGA, DSP, ARM, 8051, JTAG, debuggers) and SW (C, Assembly, scripts) collaterals
- Develop tests and work on testing platform NI-STS (HSDIO / DSA / bench-top equipment) using NI based Python methodologies.
- Write technical reports/summaries of all data collected.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors/Masters in Electrical Engineering with at proven experience in an IC Product Engineering role
- Experience with production mixed-signal IC testers such as NI-STS (HSDIO, DSA, and/or FPGA PXI instrumentation) would be particularly relevant
- Able to handle engineering tasks, on an as-needed basis, combining experience in Characterization, Failure Analysis, Test Development, Statistical analysis, and Customer Support
- Mixed Signal background with experience in power analysis
- Ability to organize assignments and schedule time to complete work you're doing within established timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with others to tackle routine problems
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & diagnostic skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in various automation framework hardware tools (FPGA, DSP, NI Data Acquisition) or software tools/languages (Scripting languages such as Python, SQL, test sequencers such as NI Teststand, Spotfire, schematic capture tools).
- Shown proficiency in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, I2S, TDM or high-speed control/data bus as examples
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.