IC Failure Analysis Engineer BS-5075
Cirrus Logic is a leading expert in low power, mixed-signal processing, and a supplier of innovative solutions in audio, voice and haptics. We develop solutions to help our top customers handle sophisticated challenges in generations of mobile and consumer devices that deliver outstanding experiences! We are adding a team member to perform failure analysis on mixed-signal IC devices. Are you a collaborative team member who can provide solutions to customer returns, support product qualifications and support new product development efforts? If yes, we want to hear from you!
- Perform device level FA in a collaborative environment to support customer returns, product qualifications, yield excursions, and new product development.
- Perform electrical and physical fault isolation on mixed-signal IC devices to identify root cause of failure in a timely and efficient manner
- Produce technical reports of failure analysis findings
- Evaluate and introduce new equipment and techniques to the failure analysis flow
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 6 years proven track record in failure analysis of IC devices
- Hands-on proficiency with electrical fault isolation tools and techniques such as photo-emission, static and dynamic laser stimulation, LVx, scan diagnostic techniques, ATE, thermal imaging, nanoprobing, and applications bench testing
- In-depth understanding of CAD layout, ATE and bench test datalogs, digital and analog circuits, device physics, IC fabrication and assembly
- Familiarity with common IC failure mechanisms and qual stress configurations
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Masters in Electrical Engineering
- Hands-on proficiency with physical failure analysis tools and techniques such as SEM, FIB, AFM, planar delayering, chemical deprocessing, chemical decoration
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.