Power and Mixed Signal Applications Engineer WK-6056
You will be part of the Applications Engineering team that is focused on bringing groundbreaking power and mixed signal devices to market. You will play a fundamental role in bringing to market next-generation devices for our growing power and battery management business by ensuring that our customers can easily and effectively integrate our devices into their end products. Are you open to this exciting challenge? We invite you to take part in Cirrus Logic's “rocking" culture!
- Collaborate and communicate closely with tier 1 customers, marketing and internal engineering teams to define, architect and create collateral for customer use cases for sophisticated IC designs.
- Provide direct engineering support for Cirrus Logic customers and field personnel
- Develop reference designs and demonstration platforms
- Develop application notes, white papers, demo-board, and reference-design manuals
- Develop firmware and RTL modules for customer reference and demonstration
- Complete customer-application focused data collection and circuit analysis
- Contribute to next-generation product definition
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Travel approximately 2-5 weeks per year, domestically and abroad
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience supporting integrated DC-to-DC switching buck and/or boost converters, battery chargers
- Demonstrated proficiency in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, I2S or high speed control/data bus examples.
- Experience in component selection, schematic entry and knowledge of PCB layout design.
- Familiarity with scripting/programming language such as Verilog, C, Python, MATLAB or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of relevant experience
This position is located in Cupertino, CA
This is a hybrid on-site position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.