Intern/Co-op - FPGA Implementation Engineer JF-5223
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
We are looking for a highly motivated Intern to join our Mixed Signal Audio team. As an FPGA Engineer in our mixed signal audio development team, you will perform the synthesis of ASIC designs on to FPGA platforms. You will work on emulation systems and will help drive improvements in emulation methodology across the division.
- Porting of the ASIC RTL code onto FPGA targets
- Perform implementation techniques to create a clean FPGA image
- Develop emulation tools to automate common repetitive tasks
- Develop small IP blocks to model analog circuits
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Enrolled in MS or PhD program in Electrical Engineering and available for full-time employment during the internship period
- Strong understanding of digital design fundamentals
- Knowledge of static timing analysis concepts
- Have a curious and inquiring mind with the dedication to follow through on getting answers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of RTL coding languages like VHDL or Verilog.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python or Ruby.
- Work to tight and variable time scales.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.