Senior Package Development Engineer WX-6374
We are looking for a Senior Package Development Engineer to join our growing organization in Austin, TX! As a member of the team, you will have a direct impact on business working with internal and external customers and developing innovative packages. Our products include top-of-the-line amplifiers, codecs, and DSPs to name a few. Packaging technologies range from traditional to advanced, including wire-bond QFN, WLCSP, and flip-chip. If you are looking for a significantly impactful role in a fast-paced environment, look no further!
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive package development for new products from early concept to qualification
- Cooperate frequently with domestic and overseas suppliers (manufacturing, materials, etc.)
- Ensure new and existing package solutions meet electrical, thermal, and mechanical requirements in addition to manufacturability and reliability standards
- Work cross-functionally to establish and maintain design rules for all packaging technologies
- Develop experiments and test vehicles to evaluate new (and improve existing) packaging technologies
- Help resolve packaging-related issues from product qualifications or the field
- Review manufacturing excursions and provide solutions to product and quality engineering teams to assess and disposition affected materials, resulting in root causes and corrective actions
- Grow and promote automation processes throughout the package development flow
- Drive continuous improvement for systems and processes
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Materials Engineering and 10+ years of proven experience in a packaging development role
- Solid understanding of advanced packaging technology, particularly WLCSP
- Solid understanding of wire-bond and flip-chip packaging for both leadframe and substrate-based packages
- Experience with semiconductor manufacturing processes including photolithography, metal plating, bonding, dicing, inspection, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate technical topics with customers and high-level management
- Familiar with package design processes and tools
- Familiar with finite element analysis and related simulation techniques
- Basic understanding of material characterization
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Proven ability to manage multiple challenges and large data sets effectively
- Good understanding of coding/scripting for data analyses and automation
- Keen to work in teams and collaborate with people in different teams
- Ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Take the initiative and work towards results
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.